Cindy first contacted me after she spotted a bedhead that I had for sale (sorry I don't have a before shot of it!)
She was looking for a chest of drawers and wondered if I would paint them for her to match the bedhead, and of course, I said yes :)
So the hunt began and she eventually found a beautiful solid Rimu scotch chest. In my hurry to get started to forgot to take a photo with the drawers in and the handles on...oops!
(Do you like my highly sophisticated 'paint stands'?
I have a fair few 4 litre paint cans...and they worked a treat!)
It was a beautiful piece of furniture and even though I (clearly!) love painting furniture, and I'm not normally sentimental about painting it, I have to admit I did struggle a little with putting paint over Rimu...but it wasn't mine, and Cindy wanted it painted...
After the sealer coat, I did three coats of top coat (Dulux Cape Colville). Then left it to dry for a few days before I attacked it with the sandpaper to distress it (all by hand). What a workout that was!
Once it was all distressed, I went over the whole piece with a fine sanding sponge to give it a nice smooth finish. Then I finished it off with some Liberon Furniture Wax in Neutral.
It is a really good match with the bedhead (phew!)
Now, just to add a 'keeping it real' shot, I do have a little touch up to finish on one of the top drawers, hence the gap, lol. But I am so close to finished, I wanted to show it off...
I hope Cindy will be pleased....I think it has come up really well :)