(please excuse the picture quality, I think my camera is trying to tell me it wants to retire!)
The frame was a little beaten up and some of the plastic coating over the metal frame is brittle and falling off...but I think that all just adds to the charm.
I removed the chair feet, and gave the frame a good scrub down. I got rid of the seat covering and whipped up a new one on the new sewing machine I got in December, can't believe it took me this long to fire it up, I love it! (It is pink, which helps it go better, of course...bit like my yellow car ;)
So this is the made-over version...
The new seat cover is made of denim which I used inside-out. The Union Jack-style embellishment is a couple of my favourite styles of ribbon stitched on. The ties are also a ribbon. New rubber feet finish it off.
This piece has sold.