This is a project I've seen lots on the internet and wanted to try for a while.
I finally found the perfect coffee table to use as a bench...and I don't have a before photo...oops!
I'll just have to skip to the pretty shots then :)
I painted the base and legs in a custom mix of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg and Old White, then gave it a light wash using Paris Grey before distressing then sealing with clear wax.
I had an idea for the upholstered top - I wanted to give it a point of difference, so I bought some covered button kits from Spotlight, and used a combination of some of my favourite fabrics on them - six in total.
For the upholstered top I firstly measured where I wanted the buttons, and drilled holes through the tabletop for the button strings to be threaded through. I then attached some foam rubber with spray adhesive, making a slight indent in the padding where the button holes were, then wrapped the top in wadding. I used a lovely linen and wool mix fabric that I have had for some time - here is the Daybed project I originally bought it for.
|This upholstery job was completed by a professional.|
I attached the buttons using a method I found here.
This piece (and the cushion) got snapped up at the first market I took it to :)
Linking up with: